Hives is a sort skin condition in which the individual develops red patches on the skin. Most of the time these patches are itchy and the intensity varies from person to person. Considered as an allergic condition, we need to find the triggering element first. It can be anything ranging from food to medicine.
- Raised itchy bumps (either red or skin colored)
- Blanching center of a red hive turns white on pressing
- Some foods like eggs, peanuts, nuts, and shellfish
- Insect stings or bites
- Medications like aspirin and ibuprofen
- Physical stimuli, such as cold, heat, pressure, exercise or sun exposure
- Pet dander
- Blood transfusions
- Bacterial and viral infections
- Some plants, including poison oak and poison ivy
At Astoria Skincare, our first concern is controlling the triggered hives. For this, we might recommend ointments and light medicines. The treatment starts only after determining the cause of this skin irritation. For this, we might recommend a few tests also. The quick the treatment is, the better it is for the patient. If you too are suffering from this skin condition, get in contact with us soon.